Hello, long time no posts... I've finally have had time to make something again, and this time, I made a Strawberry Almond Tart, a recipe that I stole from Ochikeron, on Youtube. It is ridiculously easy to make and it looks like a patisserie made it at the end. I used coconut oil, but use butter instead if you prefer. You can use whatever fruits you have, strawberries, blueberries, kiwis, mangoes...
Ingredients for a 12 cm Tart Tin:
- 60 g Coconut oil or Butter at room temperature
- 30 g Splenda/Sugar substitute or just using powdered sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 100 g cake flour (or 80 g all-purpose flour + 20 g potato/corn starch)
- pinch of salt
- 30 g Coconut Oil or Butter at room temperature
- 30 g powdered sugar or sugar substitute
- 40 g almond powder/ground almonds
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tbsp potato/corn starch
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 454 g (1 lb) Strawberries
- 20 mL hot water
- 10 g honey
- 2 tbsp Apricot Jelly, Jam or Preserves (You can use any light coloured fruit, like apple, orange etc)
- Mix the butter/oil and sugar together until fluffly.
- Add in egg yolk and mix until combined.
- Sift in the cake flour, salt and mix until it forms a dough, it will start out dry, but it will come together.
- Form into a dough and wrap it with plastic wrap, let it sit in the fridge for 1 hour until it gets a little firmer.
- Take it out and roll it between two plastic wrap to have the dough be about 1/4 inch (0.5 cm) thick. Put it in the tart tin and use a fork to prick holes in the bottom.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C (350 F)
- Mix butter/oil with sugar.
- Add in egg and mix well.
- Add in the almond powder or ground almonds, potato/corn starch and vanilla.
- Spread the mixture into the crust and bake for 25 min.
- Take it out and let it cool completely.
- Mix the honey and water together. Brush 3/4 of this mixture on top of the tart.
- Heat the apricot jam for 10 sec in the microwave, and brush 1/2 of the jam on top of the tart.
- Put one whole strawberry in the middle of the tart with the greens remove, and cut the rest of the strawberries in half. Arrange it so that it forms a flower-like pattern.
- Mix the remaining honey water and apricot jam mixture and brush it on top of the strawberries.
- It is ready to serve!